Thursday 22 September 2011

Haddin to quit appealing in t20s

Australian wicket-keeper Brad Haddin announced today that he is to stop appealing for things that are clearly not out in Twenty20 matches.
"I thoroughly enjoy appealing for things that are clearly not out in Twenty20s" Haddin told a press conference, "but I have to make this decision if I'm to be able to prolong my ability to appeal for things that are clearly not out in ODIs and Test matches". With this move, it's expected that Tim Paine will take up the role of appealing for things that are clearly not out and leaving the captain with the decision over whether to waste a review under the UDRS.
"I've taken great pride in appealing for things that are clearly not out for Australia" concluded Haddin, "but it's time to pass on that responsibility to a younger man".

No comments: